Rick Owns spotlights the unique ParkaPoncho from the futuristic ''BABEL' collection designed specifically for the Spring/Summer 2019 season. The design is a perfect example of the Parisian designer's uncompromised approach to fashion.
It draws slight inspiration from a militaristic design language and delivers a bold and dramatic silhouette that is oversized and obscures the bodily structure. It arrives in a muted colorway entitled 'Oyster Light Gray' and has an exaggerated length down to the floor. The ParkaPoncho is constructed from lightweight cotton materials and is loosely fitted to give the piece some breathable elements. Additional details include the hood that is large enough to cover the wearer's face, asymmetrical hemming, snap buttons, and a frontal zipper.
Rick Owen's ParkaPoncho is an Uncomprised Menswear Shape
1. Oversized Outerwear - The trend of oversized outerwear presents an opportunity for fashion brands to experiment with exaggerated silhouettes and unique design elements.
2. Hybrid Fashion - The rise of hybrid fashion allows designers to combine different clothing styles and create unconventional garments, like Rick Owen's ParkaPoncho.
3. Uncompromised Design - The concept of uncompromised design encourages fashion brands to push boundaries and create bold, dramatic pieces that defy traditional expectations.
1. Fashion Design - Fashion designers can utilize the oversized outerwear trend and hybrid fashion to create innovative and avant-garde designs.
2. Apparel Manufacturing - Apparel manufacturers have an opportunity to produce oversized outerwear and hybrid garments using lightweight materials and unique construction techniques.
3. Fashion Retail - Fashion retailers can capitalize on the demand for unconventional and uncompromised designs by showcasing and selling oversized outerwear and hybrid fashion pieces.