Debrett's Peerage, a world renowned author of Etiquette, is now straying from her past topcs to offer sleaze tips for posh girls. "It's a nod to the modern day," she told Reuters. "We're pulling Debrett's out of Victorian times and trying to make it relevant to today." An example of the advice, "Always use a proper ashtray -- never a wine bottle, flower pot or used plate -- and avoid allowing smoke to billow out of the nostrils. It is also inelegant to leave the cigarette unsupported in the mouth..."
From Reuters (London):
For hundreds of years, Debrett's has guided Britain's aristocracy through the niceties of meeting royalty, going to the races or eating soup in the correct way.
Now the publishers of the bible of blue-blooded behaviour are straying into previously unmentionable areas of the life of a modern girl -- with a new book offering guidance on adultery, toplessness and celebrity gossip.
New Etiquette Guide
1. Modern Etiquette - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in updating traditional etiquette guidelines to be relevant and applicable to the modern era.
2. Guidance for Taboo Topics - Disruptive innovation opportunity in providing guidance on previously unmentionable subjects to cater to changing societal norms and interests.
3. Contemporary Lifestyle Advice - Creating innovative resources that offer guidance on navigating modern social scenarios, including celebrity gossip, adultery, and personal image.
1. Publishing - Disruptive innovation opportunities in the publishing industry by creating modern etiquette guides for niche audiences.
2. Entertainment - Disruptive innovation in the entertainment industry by offering fresh and controversial advice on taboo topics to captivate and engage audiences.
3. Fashion and Lifestyle - Opportunities for disruptive innovation in the fashion and lifestyle industries by providing contemporary advice on personal image and social behavior.