The models in the Melissa Rodwell Chapel series are perfectly brooding and unequivocally sensual. The dim, candle-lit setting adds to the mysterious feel of this shoot. Black tulle, veils, rosaries and dark makeup exemplify gothic glamour.
The religious backdrop is both startling and innovative. I especially love the reflection of stained glass windows and the use of crucifixes’ and church alter to project the setting. The Melissa Rodwell Chapel editorial emotes a dark, macabre mood.
The Melissa Rodwell Chapel Series is a Dark Take on the Occult
1. Brooding Gothic Fashion - Create fashion lines that embrace dark, macabre aesthetics with black tulle, veils, and dark makeup.
2. Innovative Set Designs - Experiment with incorporating religious backdrops, stained glass windows, and church altars into editorial or fashion shoots.
3. Gothic Glamour Photography - Explore the use of dim, candle-lit settings and brooding models to capture an air of mystery and sensuality.
1. Fashion Design - Design and produce fashion collections inspired by gothic aesthetics and the macabre.
2. Set Design - Collaborate with photographers and designers to create innovative and immersive set designs for editorial or fashion shoots.
3. Photography - Experiment with capturing gothic glamour and sensual aesthetics in fashion photography through unique lighting and composition techniques.