The countdown to the next coveted collaboration event debuts November 15th, 2012; the Maison Martin Margiela for H&M collection reveals teaser photos of the clothes. The line will carry re-editions of the brands favorite items from 1998 til present day. With Maison Martin Margiela debuting menswear in the late 90s, the first photos to leak are coveted revamped pieces of the brand’s early menswear line.
Similar to Lanvin, Margiela details on each label the origin and season that particular piece was created. This will trickle down to the H&M line (much like Lanvin did as well). Heavy on the fact these are ‘re-editions,’ Margiela is bringing back denim vests, varsity scarves and chunky sweaters which were heavily chosen from his 2005 seasons.
First Look at the Maison Martin Margiela for H&M Collection
1. Retro Designer Collaborations - Collaborating with designer brands to bring back retro styles creates opportunities for brands to merge the old with the new and appeal to a wider audience.
2. Re-editions of Iconic Pieces - Re-editing iconic designs from the past creates the opportunity for brands to appeal to nostalgia and create limited edition collections for customers seeking unique fashion.
3. Detailed Labeling of Clothing - Including details on the origin and season of clothing adds value to pieces and creates opportunities for brands to appeal to customers seeking authenticity and unique stories behind each product.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can benefit from retro designer collaborations and re-editing iconic pieces to appeal to a wider audience and create limited edition collections.
2. Retail - The retail industry can capitalize on the trend of detailed labeling of clothing, which adds value to products and creates opportunities for brands to appeal to customers seeking authenticity and unique stories behind each piece.
3. Marketing - The marketing industry can benefit from collaborating with designer brands to create campaigns and promote limited edition collections that are highly sought after by customers seeking unique fashion and design.