After one year research and tests Microsoft launched yesterday her new search site "live.com". The goal is obvious: fight against the google monopol.
Implications - It will be interesting to see if this new endeavor proves successful in challenging Google's search engine dominance. Ultimately, Live.com lacks the same quirky appeal of a site like Google -- something that could prove to make it an ineffective challenger. Stacked up against Microsoft is the fact that Google's brand name has become synonymous with internet searching, so they have an uphill battle ahead of them when it comes to changing this fundamental truth. Either way, the next few years should prove to be very interesting as this ongoing competition unfolds.
1. Search Engine Dominance Challenge - Live.com's launch aimed at challenging Google's search engine dominance presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation.
2. Brand Power Competition - The competition between Google's brand name and Microsoft's new search site presents an opportunity for brand differentiation and innovation.
3. User Experience Improvement - Live.com's lack of quirky appeal compared to Google presents an opportunity for innovation in user experience.
1. Search Engine Industry - The launch of Microsoft's Live.com presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation within the search engine industry.
2. Technology Industry - The competition between Google and Microsoft's search site presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation within the technology industry.
3. Marketing and Advertising Industry - The competition between Google and Microsoft's search site presents opportunities for innovation in marketing and advertising strategies.