Ever had problems with headphone wires? Well, you won't need wires anymore! Apparently, Sony has been conducting research in using the human body instead of wires, "Sony says that we will be able to do without them soon. Instead we will use our own bodies to wirelessly transmit audio signal from the music player to the headphones."
Implications - Companies are constantly trying to create newer versions of their products to continue to captivate their audiences. When the company listens to the consumers' complaints, the newer version of a product will offer solutions to the problems. Newer versions are also seen as technological advances which benefits the company as they are perceived as current, which is advantageous over competitors.
1. Wireless Body Audio - The trend of using the human body instead of headphone wires in audio transmission presents opportunities for companies to create truly wireless audio devices and capture the market.
2. Body-integrated Technology - The trend points towards the integration of technology with the human body, opening up possibilities for companies to innovate in fields such as healthcare and sports technology.
3. Sensory Augmentation - The ability to transmit audio signals through the human body indicates a trend towards sensory augmentation and presents opportunities for companies to innovate in this field.
1. Audio Equipment - The trend presents opportunities for companies in the audio equipment industry to create true wireless headphones and differentiate themselves from competitors.
2. Healthcare - The integration of technology with the human body presents opportunities for companies in the healthcare industry to develop innovative medical devices that improve patient care.
3. Sports Technology - The trend towards body-integrated technology presents opportunities for companies in the sports technology industry to develop products that enhance athletic performance and recovery.