The cult classic film Friday the 13th celebrates its 40th anniversary this year and honor that, artist and designer Warren Lotas celebrates Jason Voorhees legacy with Nike. Nike and Lotas work in collaboration on the signature Dunk Low sneaker model.
It is constructed from a blend of different types of leather and will be a limited edition. It has a white base foundation detailed with green suede leather overlay on top. The Swoosh detail is complete in a cream hue panelled on top with small perforations along with black and red details. This is done to replicate the look of the signature hockey mask that Voorhees wears in the films. Rounding out the sneakers are red laces to contrast the rest of the sneaker.
Image Credit: Warren Lotas
Warren Lotas Honors Jason Voorhees with Nike's Dunk Lows
1. Cult Film-inspired Sneakers - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Leveraging the popularity of cult films to create limited edition sneakers that appeal to niche audiences.
2. Limited Edition Collaborations - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Partnering with artists and designers to release limited edition sneakers that generate excitement and exclusivity among consumers.
3. Replicating Iconic Visuals - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Using detailed design elements to replicate iconic visuals from movies or characters on sneakers, creating a unique and collectible product.
1. Fashion & Apparel - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporating elements from popular culture into fashion and apparel, creating unique and appealing products for enthusiasts and collectors.
2. Sports & Athletics - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introducing limited edition sneakers inspired by iconic characters or movies to tap into the crossover between sports fans and pop culture enthusiasts.
3. Art & Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborating with artists and designers to merge the worlds of art and fashion, creating visually striking and culturally significant sneaker designs.