As part of its zero-emissions farming vision, Holland has produced a prototype 'NH2 Hydrogen Powered Tractor.' The tractor is undergoing testing and Holland hopes to have it on the market in three years.
The hydrogen fuel cell transforms hydrogen into electricity to run two motors. The zero emissions, noiseless, constant power tractor outputs a small amount of steam--the only operating byproduct of the fuel cell systems.
Implications - The featured video is a commercial about the tractor and shows off its unique look and capabilities. The tractor has a modern look and is painted with bright colors such as blue and yellow. This tractor will certainly make farming easier for people and also much more efficient. New Holland would like to be able to give farmers the option to run their farms with energy that they have generated themselves.
New Holland's Innovation for Zero Emissions Farming
1. Zero-emissions Farming - Developing and implementing new technologies that reduce or eliminate greenhouse gas emissions from agricultural processes to meet sustainability targets.
2. Hydrogen Fuel Cells - Advanced fuel cell systems that can increase energy efficiency and reduce emissions in transportation, manufacturing, and other industries.
3. Renewable Energy-powered Machinery - The development of machinery that operates on renewable energy sources, such as hydrogen, solar, wind, and geothermal energy, to reduce reliance on fossil fuels.
1. Agriculture - Implementing innovative and sustainable practices to increase efficiency and productivity in farming operations while reducing carbon footprint.
2. Renewable Energy - Developing and scaling up advanced renewable energy technologies, including hydrogen fuel cells, to meet global energy demands and decarbonization goals.
3. Transportation - Integrating hydrogen fuel cell technology in vehicles and other modes of transportation to reduce emissions and increase energy efficiency.