Drama students of Christian-based Northwestern College in Iowa are in the midst of acting out horrific Bible stories in a musical called ‘Terror Texts.’ The stories come directly from the King James Bible version of the Old Testament.
Unlike Liberal, Moderate, and Universal Christians who read the Bible and value it as a book of allegory, symbolism and metaphor mixed in with a bit of history, the director and the students starring in the ‘Terror Texts’ musical believe the stories to be 100% true.
Some of the stories feature rape, bears eating children and cannibalism. Even though the play is based on the stories word-for-word, the Northwestern students have altered their characters’ appearances. Instead of wearing ancient attire, they dress in Goth.
To each their own, as the saying goes.
1. Shocking Biblical Musicals - Creating controversial musicals based on biblical stories presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the theater industry.
2. Religion-based Dramatic Productions - Exploring religious texts in a bold and unconventional manner offers a disruptive innovation opportunity within the entertainment industry.
3. Reinterpretation of Ancient Texts - Reimagining ancient narratives in a modern and provocative way opens up opportunities for disruptive innovation in storytelling and performance arts.
1. Theater - The theater industry can consider embracing edgy productions that challenge religious themes, attracting new audiences and generating buzz.
2. Entertainment - Unconventional reinterpretations of religious texts can disrupt the entertainment industry by pushing boundaries and sparking conversations.
3. Storytelling - Reinterpreting ancient texts offers a disruptive innovation opportunity within the storytelling industry, allowing for fresh perspectives and thought-provoking narratives.