Lisa Burke's sexy Hindu deity-inspired swimsuit recently stormed the runways during the Rosemount Australian Fashion Week. The daring one-piece with cutouts down the sides is printed with the image of Lakshmi the Hindu Goddess, on the front and the back of the bottoms. The one-piece swimsuit features a scoop neckline and the Hindu Goddess is printed in vibrant, summertime colors including bright oranges, pinks, yellows and reds -- the perfect colors to accentuate a glowing tan.
While the Hindu-deity inspired swimsuit received rave reviews from the fashion community, Hindu activists were furious with the portrayal of the Hindu Goddess on such a provocative piece of clothing. Lisa Burke responded to the criticisms by insisting that the piece was not intended to offend any culture and ensured that the piece would not be sold or reproduced.
Lisa Burke Designs Sexy Deity-Inspired Swimsuit That Causes an Uproar
1. Cultural-inspired Apparel - Opportunity for designers to create bold patterns and shapes inspired by various cultures for fashion-forward consumers.
2. Ethical Fashion - Growing demand for designers to consider cultural and religious sensitivities when creating apparel, and produce clothing in a socially responsible and fair trade manner.
3. Inclusive Swimwear - Opportunity to create swimwear that caters to a variety of body types, skin tones and cultural backgrounds to give everyone the chance to feel confident and comfortable in their own skin.
1. Fashion Design - Industry professionals can experiment with cultural inspirations to meet the increasing demand for unique and diverse designs in a socially responsible manner.
2. Swimwear Manufacturing - Industry professionals can explore opportunities for inclusive swimwear designs that cater to diverse body shapes, skin tones, and cultural backgrounds.
3. Textile Printing - Opportunity for textile printers to create bold, culturally-inspired prints that celebrate diversity and encourage inclusivity in fashion and apparel.