The Hilary MacMillan Spring/Summer 2020 collection was showcased last week at Toronto Fashion Week and wowed an audience of local fashion fans with its size-inclusive, feminine and transitional pieces.
Playing with bold textures, Canadian designer Hilary MacMillan showcased 90s-inspired denim pairings, satin outerwear and quilted vegan leather looks alongside more functional trench coats, tube dresses and more. Aiming to create clothing that is modern, comfortable and empowering, the Hilary MacMillan brand is synonymous with effortlessly cool styling and a design process that is cruelty-free.
The designer's namesake label is best known for its recent Feminist clothing capsule and hopes to inspire modern women with its size-inclusive and versatile clothes that are not only making a statement in Canada but also globally.
Image Credit: George Pimentel
The Hilary MacMillan Spring/Summer 2020 Collection is Effortlessly Cool
1. Size-inclusive Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop innovative sizing technologies and create size-inclusive fashion lines to cater to diverse body types.
2. Textural Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Experiment with unconventional fabric textures and combinations to create unique and visually appealing fashion designs.
3. Cruelty-free Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore sustainable and cruelty-free materials and production techniques to offer fashion choices that align with ethical consumer preferences.
1. Fashion Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate new design elements and techniques to create inclusive, textural, and cruelty-free fashion collections.
2. Retail - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create online and offline retail experiences that prioritize size-inclusivity and offer a diverse range of textural and cruelty-free fashion options.
3. Sustainable Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop innovative and sustainable manufacturing processes to produce size-inclusive, textural, and cruelty-free fashion garments.