Designer Julia Treutiger has come up with an eco-friendly shower tap design that reminds you to conserve water.
Happy Tap features segmented joints that break apart providing a visual timer as they slowly snap back into place. This subtle mechanism reminds you to cut your shower short and stop wasting water. Ok, maybe if you were really dirty you can use it once more. It's like having a dirty load in the washing machine where you repeat the wash timer :)
Check out an ingenious shower design that is not so subtle and passive, it actually kicks you out if you take too long:
1. Eco-friendly Designs - The trend of creating products that are focused on sustainability and environmental impact, like Happy Tap, provides an opportunity for innovation in materials, production processes, and energy efficiency.
2. Smart Water Management - The trend of products that monitor and manage water usage could lead to innovations in IoT technology, smart home systems, and data analytics.
3. Behavioral Nudging - The trend of using subtle design features to encourage behavior change, like Happy Tap's segmented joints, could inspire innovation in behavior change strategies across a variety of industries.
1. Home Appliance - Companies that produce household appliances, like showerheads and sinks, can innovate by incorporating sustainable design features into their products to appeal to environmentally conscious consumers.
2. Smart Home Technology - The trend of products that monitor and manage water usage could lead to innovations in IoT technology, smart home systems, and data analytics.
3. Health & Wellness - Behavioral nudging design features could be incorporated into products for improving health habits, such as reminders to take prescribed medication or to exercise.