Tasmin Cooper is the woman behind the self named fashion label from New Zealand . Specialising in hand embroidered silk items that are transporting handicrafts into the world of high fashion .
The label was started with a popular range of small silk hand embroidered items including scarves , wallets and handbags which evoke the traditional use of needlepoint . To compliment the accessories range Tasmin later released a collection of silk velvet coats which all feature the hand embroidered and beaded detailing .
Tasmins success shows that mechanisation needn't mean the death of traditional art-forms , and that traditional handcrafts have a viable market in a fashion world increasingly looking for points of difference .
1. Handicrafts as Fashion Statements - The adoption of handicraft techniques by fashion designers to produce high fashion items.
2. Artisanal Luxury Goods - The production of high-end fashion and accessory items that are meticulously handcrafted and feature intricate embroidery and needlepoint.
3. Craft-revival in Fashion Industry - The resurgence of traditional handicrafts in fashion as a means of providing differentiation from mass-produced items.
1. Fashion Industry - Fashion industry players can embrace handicraft techniques to create unique products that differentiate them from competitors.
2. Handicraft Industry - Handicraft practitioners can collaborate with fashion designers to produce high-end fashion items, which can lead to increased exposure and revenue for traditional crafts.
3. Luxury Goods Industry - Luxury goods companies can leverage the demand for handcrafted, artisanal products by hiring skilled artisans and producing high-end products with intricate details.