Marina Bychkova is a young artist from Siberia, Russia with a passion for dolls. She studied art in Vancouver, Canada where she found the visual narrative to translate her dreams and articulate her ideas, creating imaginative stories that became beautiful ball-jointed porcelain dolls.
Each doll has a high dose of erotism. The artist makes a statement showing the dolls’ genitalia with detail, criticizing the shameful Barbie and Ken.
Another remarkable aspect of the work of this Russian artist is the highly elaborated costumes she makes for each doll. She also makes customizable dolls with different lips, eyes, gold jewelry, skin tone, hair color and length. The level of detail in these personalized dolls goes right down to freckles, pubic hair and wounds.
Marina and her stunning dolls will visit Paris Creation Doll Expo on November 23rd, 2008.
Naughty Porcelain Toys
1. Customizable Porcelain Dolls - Opportunity to disrupt the doll industry by creating customizable porcelain dolls with highly elaborate costumes and personalized features including freckles, pubic hair, and wounds.
2. Erotic Dolls - Opportunity to create a new category of dolls that feature erotic elements and serve as a criticism of traditional dolls like Barbie and Ken.
3. Artistic Narrative Dolls - Opportunity to disrupt the doll industry with dolls that tell visual narratives and stories through their features and design.
1. Toy Industry - The customizable and personalized nature of these dolls present a disruptive innovation in the toy industry.
2. Art Industry - These artistic dolls have the potential to disrupt the traditional art industry by bringing a new level of creativity and narrative to traditional art forms like doll-making.
3. Feminist Industry - These dolls can be seen as a disruptive innovation to the feminist industry, providing a new platform for the criticism and subversion of traditional gender stereotypes and norms.