I almost don't know what to say. Fortunately, people in Europe can't stop talking about this drive through lubrication ad. Created by Grey Worldwide, the ad speaks for itself. Subtle until you get it...
Implications - Campaigns like this may seem overtly controversial, but they get people talking in a big way. Generating controversy (if done carefully) can give your message or product impact well beyond that which traditional or meek means might have achieved. On top of being scandalous, campaigns such as this also amuse consumers while simultaneously informing them. This is something viewers will ultimately appreciate, and remember fondly when they think back to whatever product is being promoted.
1. Controversial Advertising - Controversy can give a message or product significant impact beyond traditional means, if done carefully.
2. Humor in Advertising - Campaigns that amuse consumers while informing them create a lasting memory of the promoted product.
3. Buzz Marketing - Strategic campaigns that generate discussion and controversy can increase brand awareness, attract new customers, and maintain the interest of existing ones.
1. Advertising - Controversial and humorous advertising campaigns can provide new and innovative ways of increasing brand awareness and capturing the attention of target audiences.
2. Marketing - By implementing strategic buzz marketing techniques, companies can reach a wider audience, generate interest, and create a memorable experience for consumers.
3. Automotive - Drive-through lubrication ads like the one discussed in this article demonstrate how even industries with a traditionally 'serious' or 'boring' image can successfully embrace humor and controversy in advertising.