Aladdin’s Jasmine, Sleeping Beauty’s Maleficent and Snow White’s Evil Queen are depicted as social-media obsessed characters in this series of Disney princess selfies.
Illustrated by Etsy’s Hungry Designs studio, the set of portraits modernizes Disney’s iconic characters. These Disney princess selfies transform popular characters into tech-obsessed women who are unashamed to take countless photos of themselves.
Beauty and the Beast’s Belle, 101 Dalmatians’ villain Cruella de Vil and Snow White pose with customized smart phones that boast some interesting cases. Each of the cases is catered to the princesses and features a design based on a supporting character that is associated with them. While Jasmine’s phone features a tiger case, Belle’s is adorned with a beastly design.
Etsy’s Hungry Designs Modernizes Classic Cartoon Characters
1. Disney-inspired Merchandise - Hungry Designs' modern take on Disney princesses presents an opportunity for creating new forms of Disney-inspired merchandise.
2. Tech Accessories for Women - Customized phone cases designed for each Disney princess can inspire the creation of more tech accessories targeted towards women.
3. Social Media Culture Critique - Hungry Designs' depiction of Disney princesses as social-media obsessed characters presents an opportunity to explore the impact of social media culture.
1. Entertainment - Disney can leverage Hungry Designs' modernized versions of classic characters to create innovative forms of entertainment.
2. Fashion and Accessories - Hungry Designs' customized phone cases for each Disney princess can inspire the creation of more personalized and fashion-forward tech accessories.
3. Art and Design - Hungry Designs' artistic interpretation of Disney princesses can inspire new forms of art and design based on popular culture.