Everyone would love to hold their dream home in the palm of their hand and it is this sentiment that inspired the Dislocation Series. An art collection comprised of three dioramic sculptures, the Dislocation Series depicts miniature homes cradled between two plaster-like hands. These mixed media works of art really show how fragile this desire can be while also fuelling fantasies of the good life.
Created by artist Katie Hudson, not to be confused with the actress Kate Hudson, the Dislocation Series was put together for her honors thesis. From a beach house to a cabin in the woods, she captures various tastes and personalities in her Dislocation Series. One sculpture even involves a foot, upon which a brick home rests.
The Dislocation Series by Katie Hudson is Inspired by Dream Homes
1. Handheld Dioramic Sculptures - Trend in miniature home artworks that challenge traditional notions of home decor creating new opportunities for artists and designers to innovate in this niche space.
2. Miniature Home Decor - Trend in miniature home decor that offers opportunities to create pop-up shops or popup installations to draw in curious shoppers and provide a unique experience.
3. Mixed-media Artworks - Trend in mixed-media artworks using various techniques and mediums such as plaster, paint, and miniature objects to create unique, interactive installations and sculptures.
1. Art - Artists can experiment with and sell miniature home artworks in a niche market to attract new collectors, art enthusiasts, and interior designers.
2. Home Decor - Home decor companies can incorporate miniature home decor as an additional product line, appealing to a new demographic of consumers who prefer subtle, affordable, or playful decor pieces.
3. Retail - Retailers can create pop-up shop experiences with installations of mixed media works of art and sculptures, generating a buzz amongst potential customers and loyal followers.