Dina Lohan (Lindsay Lohan's mom) has recently announced plans to launch her very own footwear line, Shoe-Han. Not only is the reality star dipping her toes into designing, she is also announcing plans to be the spokeswoman for LoveMyShoes.com.
LoveMyShoes.com has plans to carry Shoe-Han by Mother's Day 2010. Dina Lohan will be discussing details for this new venture at a press conference on October 8th.
Implications - Now that the recent economic downturn is over, consumers are feeling less anxious about their long-term financial well-being. As a result, this group has returned to caring about their health and taking better care of themselves. Companies should create products (like shoes) that enable customers to engage with a healthier lifestyle.
Dina Lohan Launches Shoe-Han for LoveMyShoes.com
1. Footwear as Lifestyle - Opportunity to create footwear products that promote a healthier lifestyle as consumers become more conscious of their well-being.
2. Celebrity-endorsed Brands - Disruptive innovation opportunity to leverage celebrity influence in launching and promoting new brands and products.
3. Retail-online Collaborations - Innovative partnerships between online retailers and celebrities to launch exclusive product lines and reach a wider audience.
1. Footwear Industry - Opportunity for footwear manufacturers to tap into the growing market of consumers who are seeking health-focused products.
2. Fashion Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity to collaborate with celebrities in launching new fashion brands and collections.
3. E-commerce Industry - Collaborations with celebrities can drive online sales and attract more customers to e-commerce platforms.