The use of paper-filled binders may still be hospital doctors' preferred system for collecting and filing information, but the benefits of something like the Digital Device would be undoubtedly beneficial for health professionals who carry out home visits. The on-the-go job description can especially allow for more opportunities and places for printed data to go missing.
Ryan Espey has come up with a concept tablet that caters specifically to the medical workers who carry out house calls, affording them the means to record and store information and telephone their patients to organize appointments on the move. The innovative features of the Digital Device for Patient Records include a camera for taking snapshots of wounds, a touchscreen keyboard for data input, smartphone capabilities, internal memory and systematic software.
This Digital Device for Patient Records Informs Nurses On the Go
1. Digital Medical Records - The shift from paper-filled binders to digital devices for medical records will enhance accessibility and ensure completeness and accuracy of patient's records
2. Mobile Healthcare Technology - The increasing use of mobile technology in healthcare will allow medical professionals to carry out their job on-the-go opening up more opportunities and places for printed data to go missing
3. Smart Medical Devices - Innovation in smart medical devices like the Digital Device will help medical workers to take snapshots of wounds, enter data, handle appointments, etc on a single device
1. Healthcare - The healthcare industry can benefit from the increasing use of digital devices and mobile technology to improve patient care, streamline clinical workflows, and enhance the efficiency of healthcare services
2. Medical Technology - Innovation in medical technology with the development of smart medical devices will improve the quality and completeness of patient records, help medical professionals to provide better care, and lead to better patient outcomes
3. Telemedicine - Telemedicine, with the use of mobile technology in healthcare, can help medical professionals to remotely monitor patients, provide consultations, make appointments, and enhance the accessibility of medical services