Detectair is an environmental vest that has built-in sensors to detect potential toxins in the air. When toxins are detected, the vest will launch its LED lights and vibrations to warn you of what you might be inhaling.
When Detectair warns you of the toxins, you simply have to pull the collar up above your face, covering your mouth and nose, to protect yourself from the harmful chemicals in the air.
Implications - This is the kind of product that will garner attention and interest from the media and general public in the new world we live in. Not only are there environmental concerns, but rising international political tension increases the importance and marketability of products like this. Do not be surprised if you see people in your neighborhood wearing one on a hot, smog-filled day.
The Detectair Vest is Clad in Environmental Sensors
1. Environmental Sensor Technology - There is an opportunity to develop products within this technology area for personal and industrial use.
2. Wearable Health Devices - There is great potential to create innovative products that focus on the health and wellbeing of consumers using wearable technology.
3. Urban Air Pollution Awareness - There is a need to create more solutions that help people understand and navigate the risks of urban air pollution using innovative technology solutions.
1. Fashion and Accessories - The fashion industry has potential to expand into smart fabrics and wearable technology solutions.
2. Healthcare and Wellness - There is an opportunity to create health monitoring and tracking systems using wearable technology for consumers and healthcare providers.
3. Environmental Monitoring - There is a growing need for solutions to monitor air and water pollution and develop mitigation strategies.