A new classic-cut jean silhouette has been released as the result of a collaboration between Helmut Lang and UNIQLO. This release builds on the “HELMUT LANG JEANS" label which was released publically for the first time in 1997. The silhouettes that were part of this label drew inspiration from the classic vintage Levi's jeans.
Now, Helmut Lang continues the legacy of the classic-cut jean with UNIQLO. The designs are unisex and minimalist. The collaborators used recycled organic cotton and threads made from recycled organic cotton in order to be as sustainable as possible.
This is not the first time Helmut Lang and UNIQLO are collaborating. The brand and the designer first entered their partnership in Fall/Winter 2014 for a collection of comfortable and minimalist sweaters.
Image Credit: UNIQLO
Helmut Lang and UNIQLO Collaborate on a New Silhouette
1. Sustainable Denim - Brands can incorporate sustainability into their denim offerings by using recycled organic cotton and threads made from recycled organic cotton.
2. Unisex Designs - Designers can cater to a wider market by creating unisex clothing, especially in the denim industry.
3. Minimalist Fashion - Minimalism is a trend that continues to dominate the fashion industry, and brands can innovate to create new minimalist designs for their denim offerings.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can innovate and adopt sustainable practices like using organic cotton to improve environmental impact.
2. Denim - The denim industry can innovate by exploring new silhouettes, materials, and aesthetics while still sticking to the classic roots of denim.
3. Retail - Retailers can cater to diverse consumers by offering unisex clothing options, which can increase sales and build brand loyalty.