The Christian Siriano Fall 2012 collection was a highlight of New York Fashion Week for many people. The 26-year-old Project Runway alum has gained so much success in the past few years that it's quite hard to believe that he comes from reality TV beginnings.
Siriano's fall offering is more restrained than his previous collections, which have always included show-stopping, red carpet-worthy gowns. Instead, this season he focuses on chic silhouettes and adding an edgy touch to each feminine look. The look is most flawlessly executed in the form of a chiffon evening gown topped with a fitted leather bomber.
The standout black lips were inspired by the 1933 film Vampire Bat. "The funny thing is that it's this quirky horror film," Siriano explained to Style.com backstage. "But Fay Wray is just so glamorous and stunning in the whole movie."
Unsurprisingly, glamorous and stunning are the perfect words to describe the Christian Siriano Fall 2012 collection.
The Christian Siriano Fall 2012 Show is Full of Edgy Glam Looks
1. Edgy Glam Looks - Fashion brands can explore adding an edgy touch to traditionally feminine looks to create standout collections.
2. Restrained Collections - Fashion designers can experiment with more restrained collections that focus on chic silhouettes to attract a wider audience.
3. Inspiration From Film - Fashion designers can draw inspiration from films to create unique and memorable makeup looks that add to the overall collection.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands and designers can incorporate edgy touches, restrained collections, and film-inspired elements to create new and exciting collections.
2. Film - Film makers can collaborate with fashion designers to create memorable and iconic looks for their characters that can inspire future fashion trends.
3. Beauty - Beauty brands can take inspiration from film-inspired makeup looks to create bold and unique makeup collections that appeal to a wider audience.