The Last Magazine Black Sun editorial is currently being broadcast in the publication's Spring/Summer 2014 issue. Much as the title suggests, model Daria Werbowy was cast in dark lighting, revealing no color aside from a few pale shades.
Photographer Mikael Jansson executed this monochromatic fashion production. Stylist Alastair McKimm met the alluring theme with ease via charcoal-hued leather jackets, metallic embellishments and a silver nose ring only. Hair expert Yannick d'Is also stuck to the basics with slicked back tresses, drawing attention to Werbowy only amid the shadows.
Make-up was similarly muted as Mark Carrasaquillo opted for a natural look, clearly all that was needed to showcase this photoshoot which will no doubt inspire followers of the fashion industry this season.
The Last Magazine Black Sun Photoshoot is Dark and Enthralling
1. Monochrome Fashion - The use of monochromatic color schemes in fashion shoots opens up opportunities for innovative use of lighting and shadows.
2. Minimalist Makeup - Minimalist makeup trends will soon challenge the cosmetic industry to develop makeup products that enhance natural beauty without being too obvious.
3. Sleek Hairstyles - The return of sleek, minimalist hairstyles provides opportunities for hair care and styling product innovation.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands and retailers could benefit from exploring a range of monochromatic collections and innovative lighting techniques to showcase their products and create an enhanced consumer experience.
2. Cosmetics - The rise in minimalist makeup trends will challenge cosmetics manufacturers to develop more subtle and natural-looking products.
3. Hair Care - The sleek hair trend could open up opportunities for hair care companies to develop more efficient and effective products for achieving that glossy, sophisticated look.