Look closely at the Bear Creek Pasta commercial featured in this post -- yes, indeed, those are real bears.
The newest Bear Creek Pasta commercial was conceived and developed by the staff at Chicago ad agency Element 79, and they opted for some excitement in their latest creation for the pasta company. "Working with real bears was like working with trained dogs," said Chris Laubach, Element 79's senior VP group director. "Granted, mama and papa bear were like big strong scary willful dogs. But the cubs were very cute and cuddly. It took a month to train the them all and still there were very human things we wished they could do, like actually cooking and serving the pasta. We had to pull that off in other ways."
Regardless of how they pulled it off, this new Bear Creek Pasta commercial is incredibly watchable, and has the potential to go viral. Mission accomplished, Element 79. Mission accomplished.
Implications - Thanks to the advent of the Internet, one of the most important components in an ad campaign is whether or not it has the ability to go viral. Companies would be wise to produce advertising that is either directly interactive, or features a strongly avant-garde concept, which helps the company draw attention from consumers, who may spread the company's message if the ad connects with them on an interactive or humorous level.
The Bear Creek Pasta Commercial Features Highly Trained Monsters
1. Interactive Advertising - Companies should produce advertising that is directly interactive to engage consumers and increase the potential for viral spread.
2. Avant-garde Concepts - Incorporating strongly avant-garde concepts in advertising can help companies draw attention and create a memorable impact on consumers.
3. Viral Marketing - The ability for an ad campaign to go viral is crucial in the age of the internet, prompting companies to focus on creating shareable content.
1. Advertising - The advertising industry should embrace interactive and avant-garde approaches to create captivating campaigns and maximize audience engagement.
2. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can benefit from incorporating interactive elements and avant-garde concepts in promotional content to captivate audiences and generate buzz.
3. Digital Marketing - The digital marketing industry should prioritize strategies that enable viral marketing, utilizing interactive and avant-garde content to facilitate organic reach and brand awareness.