The Aspirus is a desktop workstation that is an interesting improvement on the standing desk, which has been growing in popularity. This contraption can be raised or lowered at the press of a button. However, its unique selling point is the fact that it can be paired up with a smartphone to allow you to set goals and reminders. This allows you to stay on top of how long you've been sitting or standing, and change up your position accordingly.
The desk is even fitted with a special onboard sensor that takes into account the time you might have spent away from the desk, to make sure that doesn't mess up its calculations.
Companion apps for the Aspirus will be available for both the iOS and Android platforms. This means that smartphone users of all stripes can improve their health and posture while working.
The Aspirus Desk Keeps Tabs On How Long You Sit and Stand
1. Proactive Workstations - The rise of workstations that actively track and remind users of their sitting or standing times, presenting opportunities to integrate with IoT devices.
2. Desk Sensors - The development of sensory technology embedded in furniture that can track usage and user behavior, leading to innovative and personalized experiences and health benefits.
3. Smartphone-integrated Furniture - The trend of furniture with smartphone integration, creating opportunities for customization and tailored experiences for users.
1. Office Furniture - The office furniture industry could incorporate desk sensors and proactive workstations to offer enhanced ergonomic and wellness benefits to employees.
2. Smart Home Technology - Smart home technology industry can focus on developing more integrated furniture to enable personalized home automation.
3. Health and Wellness - Companies focused on health and wellness can incorporate furniture with sensory technology to offer personalized, optimized experiences for users.