Getting to the bank—if they are open—has become a challenge for many during the COVID-19 pandemic, and to help facilitate its online banking features, Apple recently debuted an online portal for Apple Card account holders. The new launch comes after Apple's Path to Apple Card, a four-month credit improvement program for people who have their application for the card declined, a reality many are facing in light of the pandemic-prompted layoffs.
The new Apple Card online portal allows consumers to manage their balances, view statements, and schedule payments. Users can also set up scheduled payments on the portal, view past statements, and download them as PDFS. The portal was designed to be seamlessly used on either a desktop or laptop, rather than an iPhone.
While the Apple Card was designed to be used exclusively via the iPhone, many consumers felt they were lacking an online version, as many are accustomed to handling important banking through an online portal.
Image Credit: Apple
Apple Card Account Holders Can Now Use an Online Portal
1. Tech-branded Online Banking Platforms - The trend of tech-branded online banking platforms expands as Apple Card unveils its own version.
2. Digital Banking Services - The popularity of digital banking services increases as consumers seek more convenient and accessible banking options during the pandemic.
3. Seamless Integration - The trend of seamless integration between various devices and platforms evolves as Apple Card allows its online portal to be accessed through both desktop and laptop.
1. Fintech - Fintech companies have the opportunity to create their own branded online banking platforms to meet the increasing demand for digital banking services.
2. Technology - Technology companies can integrate banking services into their existing platforms to provide a more seamless and convenient experience for their users.
3. Mobile Devices - The mobile device industry can partner with banking institutions to create mobile-friendly services and apps that provide a better online banking experience for consumers.