With Anna Sui’s circus theme this spring, ringmaster modes (perhaps inspired by Ms. Spears' latest circus concert tour?), were all the rage with Sui’s high-top inspired circus animal prints, ringmaster jackets and re-colored Liberty prints a la Anna Sui.
While undoubtedly entertaining, I do have my doubts that the current ringmaster modes will take hold of the industry and that we will see circus-clad characters trolling the streets in them.
Implications - In the last few years, contemporary society has been dominated by a newfound thirst for stylistic originality. One of the best ways a company can ensure it will attract fashion-conscious consumers is by featuring clothing with radical, avant-garde designs. By featuring clothing whose designs are so radical that they are immediately identifiable, the company shows it is not afraid to think outside of the box and appeal to niche consumers.
Anna Sui's Ringmaster Spring 2010 Collection
1. Circus-inspired Fashion - Opportunity for fashion brands to experiment with avant-garde designs inspired by the circus.
2. Ringmaster-inspired Clothing - Opportunity for designers to incorporate ringmaster-inspired jackets and prints into their clothing lines.
3. Animal Prints - Opportunity for fashion brands to incorporate animal prints into their designs, inspired by the circus theme.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can use the circus theme and ringmaster-inspired clothing to attract niche consumers and experiment with avant-garde designs.
2. Textiles - Opportunity for textile companies to produce fabrics and prints inspired by the circus and animal prints.
3. Costume Design - Costume designers can use the circus-inspired trend to create theatrical and unique costumes for productions and performances.