The Adidas Superstar Laceless Shoes have been announced as a new footwear style that seeks to pay homage to iconic hip-hop trio Run-DMC and offer fans a way to wear their pride. The sneakers are set to be offered in both white and black color options, and come laceless to match the way the hip-hop group wore the iconic footwear style back in the 80s. The shoe style also speaks to the collaboration between the group and the athletic brand in the 80s as well as the larger movement towards activewear brands being embraced as part of hip-hop culture and streetwear style since.
The Adidas Superstar Laceless Shoes are priced at $90 and will be available for purchase starting February 13, 2020.
The Adidas Superstar Laceless Shoes Honor Run-DMC
1. Hip-hop Sneaker Collaboration - Opportunity for sneaker brands to collaborate with hip-hop icons to create exclusive footwear styles and tap into the cultural influence of the genre.
2. Laceless Footwear - Disruptive innovation opportunity to create laceless shoe designs that combine style and convenience for a wide range of consumers.
3. Activewear in Streetwear - Emerging trend of incorporating activewear brands into streetwear fashion, creating opportunities for collaborations and brand crossovers.
1. Footwear - By incorporating hip-hop elements, footwear brands can attract a younger consumer base and enhance brand relevance in the urban fashion market.
2. Fashion - Fashion brands can explore collaborations with hip-hop icons to bridge the gap between streetwear and high fashion, catering to the growing demand for urban-inspired styles.
3. Music - Music industry can explore collaborations with sneaker brands to create limited-edition merchandise that resonates with hip-hop culture enthusiasts.