There's a very engaging blend of styles occurring in this abstract side table that seem quite contrasting. The BOUW! design studio of Vienna has assembled a standard piece off furniture from rudimentary construction materials; however, a noticeable part of the structure is really very elaborate.
Builders' wood was pieced together roughly to form a stable coffee table with bit of a haphazard appearance. Three of the legs are made from timber two-by-fours, but the third is something very different. Thin and short picks of spruce were meticulously fabricated into a complex trellis of trusses that lacks symmetry. It's this element that renders this item as such an abstract side table, making it a true conversation piece in any room. It's got such an eclectic composition that it would be difficult to integrate it with most common interior styles. Where would you place it?
The Abstract Side Table Features of Leg of Spiderweb Scaffolding
1. Abstract Furniture - Opportunity for designers to combine contrasting styles and create eclectic compositions.
2. Parametric Design - Innovative approach to using rudimentary construction materials for furniture design.
3. Asymmetrical Structures - Trend towards unique and intricate structural elements in furniture design.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Opportunity for companies to explore new and unconventional materials and design elements for furniture production.
2. Interior Design - Opportunity for interior designers to incorporate abstract and eclectic furniture pieces.
3. Architecture - Opportunity for architects to incorporate parametric design principles into furniture pieces as well as building design.