'A Book of Beards' by author Justin Muir documents a series of brazen facial hairdos. Scraggly and meticulously coiffed strands have all been taken note of here with 86 black and white portraits. The men seem to speak through the photos, as if saying that their appearances took time, effort and dedication.
The proceeds derived from the A Book of Beards compilation will be donated to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Muir's brother suffered with cancer, and his dedication to the cause has been well-received by those with a love for beards as well as by those who despise them.
Although the project began locally in West Chester, Pennsylvania, it has since picked up speed throughout the nation and is now privy to 18 written pieces.
The 'A Book of Beards' Documents Bold, Bristly Male Looks
1. Facial Hair Trends - Opportunity for grooming and styling products for modern men adopting brazen, bold and unconventional beard and mustache styles.
2. Photography Trends - Opportunity to create more portrait style compilations featuring unique and unconventional characters or groups.
3. Charity Collaboration Trends - Opportunity to partner with charitable organizations to support a cause through the sale of curated compilations.
1. Grooming and Cosmetics Industry - The grooming and cosmetics industry can leverage the increasing popularity of unconventional facial hair trends by marketing and launching new styling and grooming products.
2. Publishing and Printing Industry - Publishing and printing industry can innovate their genre by creating more portrait style compilations featuring unique and unconventional characters or groups.
3. Non-profit Industry - Non-profit industry can collaborate with artists and curators to produce eloquent compilations that promote causes with the sale of documentary publications to support the charity work.