The newest facelift on the market is the gold thread facelift, which involves a 24-carat gold mesh framework being sewn permanently under the surface of the skin.
The patient remains awake as four yards of gold thread are inserted, the only painkiller being dozens of local anesthetic injections applied to the face.
At a cost of around £2,000, the facelift takes three months to show the results, as the gold mesh stimulates the body's own production of collagen, which in turn plumps up the skin naturally.
The procedure can be used on the neck, décolletage, hands, arms, legs, abdomen and even the buttocks.
Stitch by stitch guide
1. The areas to be treated are covered with a numbing cream and injected with local anesthetic.
2. The 24 carat, 0.1mm diameter, 99 per cent pure gold thread is implanted into the anaesthetised area, threaded within the skin under the epidermis using a 1mm gauge needle and a blanket-type stitch to create a net-like structure that will provide a mechanical support to the overlying skin.
3. The thread must be implanted accurately into the 'papillary dermis' - the layer of skin directly beneath the surface.
4. The doctor repeats this process in all the areas to be treated.
5. The face is cleaned and make-up can be applied to cover up bruised or red areas.
Stats for Real Gold Beauty Threading
Trending: Older & Average
Research: 10,268 clicks in 406 w
Interest: 3.2 minutes
Concept: Real Gold Beauty Threading
Related: 52 examples / 40 photos
Segment: Females, 18-55
Comparison Set: 19 similar articles, including: liquid gold body wrap, 24 karat gold facial treatment, and symbolic racism-healing pools.
Real Gold Beauty Threading
More Stats +/-
24 Karat Gold Facial Treatment
Liquid Gold Body Wrap
Symbolic Racism-Healing Pools
Brutalist Naked Motorbikes