The Vivienne Westwood 'Get a Life' collection is full of folly. The always-eccentric Westwood's latest menswear show centered on fun and one of the highlights was a model strutting his stuff on a skateboard.
With rug-inspired wigs, playful patterns, dapper bow-ties, draped metallic t-shirts at first glance, it seems there was not much to take too seriously here. However, the Vivienne Westwood 'Get a Life' menswear SS '11 collection also made reference to war and climate change.
Implications - This eccentric collection blurs international boundaries, with inspirations from every region of the world, giving the collection an extraordinary global feel that is refreshing and fun. Westwood's collection is full of color, flavor and fresh style. Once compared to smashed glass, the 'Get a Life' collection melds everything but the kitchen sink.
The Vivienne Westwood 'Get a Life' Collection is Full of Folly
1. Playful Menswear - Fashion brands can innovate their menswear collections by incorporating playful elements, such as rug-inspired wigs and dapper bow-ties.
2. Global-inspired Fashion - Designers can draw inspiration from multiple regions of the world to create fashion collections that blur international boundaries and have a global feel.
3. Eccentric Fashion Shows - Fashion brands can shake up traditional runway shows by incorporating playful elements such as skateboarding and making references to serious issues like war and climate change.
1. Fashion - Menswear brands can incorporate playful elements and global inspirations into their collections to keep up with evolving fashion trends.
2. Entertainment - Fashion brands can collaborate with skateboarders and other athletes to create entertaining fashion shows that will capture the attention of audiences.
3. Environmental Activism - Fashion brands can create collections that make reference to serious issues such as climate change to bring attention to environmental activism.