Researchers from the USA and Korea have teamed up to create a battery-powered silver mesh that is capable of applying heat when worn on a particular body part. The mesh consists of interlocking silver nanowires sandwiched between a pair of insulating yet breathable layers of a transparent material.
The wires forming the silver mesh wearables can freely expand and contract, which makes it possible for them to conform to the contours of knees, wrists and so on.
This silver mesh technology will be useful for injury treatment; while people often end up using interventions such as hot water bottles and microwavable heat packs, these products don't stay where they are and can't be comfortable used on the go. In addition to being used for injury rehabilitation, the technology could also be used in sports apparel or car seats.
This Silver Mesh Lets Users Concentrate Heat On Body Parts
1. Wearable Heat Therapy - The battery-powered silver mesh offers a disruptive innovation opportunity for the health and wellness industry by providing a convenient and comfortable solution for targeted heat therapy.
2. Conforming Wearable Technology - The silver mesh's ability to conform to body contours presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for the sports apparel industry, allowing for improved comfort and performance.
3. Portable Heat Solutions - The development of the silver mesh technology opens up disruptive innovation opportunities for the automotive industry, enabling the integration of comfortable heated seats in vehicles.
1. Health and Wellness - The wearable heat therapy technology can revolutionize injury treatment methods, providing a comfortable and effective solution for rehabilitation.
2. Sports Apparel - The conforming silver mesh technology offers sports apparel companies the opportunity to create innovative products that enhance performance and comfort for athletes.
3. Automotive - The integration of the silver mesh technology in car seats allows the automotive industry to offer heated seats as a luxurious and comfortable feature for customers.