Self (a women's health and lifestyle magazine) just launched the open beta to a new, text-based dieting program called the 'Self Diet Tapper system.' For just 10 cents a day, you'll receive SMS messages that instruct you on what to eat, how to stay fit and how much to drink!
Despite being called a "system," the Self Diet Tapper system resembles a support network rather than a rigid regime. Engineering by dieticians and health experts, the mobile service will text you guidelines and tips at crucial points throughout the day. So before you reach for a pizza slice at lunchtime, you'll receive a message explaining the importance of a balanced midday meal.
You may think even 10 cents per day is steep for unnecessary nagging, but studies show that 26% of the subscribers succumbed to the harassment and chose to take the healthier route. It may not be an impressive statistic, but I've always found that a gentle prod is enough encourage to do great things!
The Self Diet Tapper System Will Encourage You Via SMS Throughout the Day
1. Text-based Coaching - Mobile coaching via SMS can help encourage users to stay compliant with healthy living.
2. Support Network Dieting - Dieting apps that provide a supportive network can lead to healthier lifestyle choices for subscribers.
3. SMS Health Guidance - Daily text messages with dietary guidelines can serve as an intuitive and cost-effective solution for health coaching.
1. Mobile Coaching - The wellness industry can disrupt traditional dieting with personalized mobile coaching and support.
2. Mental Health - Healthtech start-ups can leverage SMS messaging for mental well-being and lifestyle changes.
3. Healthcare Communications - Remote healthcare communication can improve patient compliance and bring more remote healthcare services online.