Though the prints created for this Rider Sandals campaign are somewhat perplexing, it seems that the word "unpredictable" is key to deciphering the company's message.
Three separate ads each feature a single black thong in the foreground with a comic style animation amidst a colored background. The red print depicts a scene in which a walking dog is startled by a lamppost urinating in his direction. The orange ad features a preying cat suddenly bound within the bars of a birdcage. Finally, the blue print portrays the voyage of what appears to be the Titanic, except this time, the ship sinks the impacted iceberg.
On the whole, the Rider Sandals campaign by the Africa advertising agency describes unexpected scenarios in which some imagination and flexibility would be assets. Perhaps these are two qualities the brand feels that one possesses if he wears flip-flops out of the house.
This Rider Sandals Campaign Communicates Flip-Flop Versatility
1. Unpredictable Print Ads - Exploiting unexpected scenarios through comic-style animation in print ads creates engaging and memorable campaigns.
2. Comic-style Animation - Utilizing comic-style animation in advertising campaigns adds a playful and eye-catching element to captivate audiences.
3. Imagination and Flexibility - Highlighting the qualities of imagination and flexibility in marketing appeals to consumers seeking unique and adaptable products.
1. Footwear - Integrating unpredictable advertising strategies into the footwear industry adds a dynamic and creative edge to brand communication.
2. Advertising Agency - Utilizing unexpected scenarios in advertising campaigns enables advertising agencies to showcase their creative problem-solving skills and stand out in the industry.
3. Fashion - Incorporating unpredictability in fashion marketing campaigns offers brands an opportunity to differentiate themselves and appeal to consumers seeking unique and unconventional styles.