"Ecoist was founded in 2004 with the objective to merge design, functionality, and environmental awareness to provide stylish, useful, and durable products you’ll be happy to own. Most importantly, our goal is to inspire thought and a positive change in the way we treat our precious planet. We believe you can enjoy your modern lifestyle and buy all your favorite “things” while doing good to the Earth. That’s how we came up with the term “Ecoist” and defined it as “an individual that seeks a modern, eco-friendly lifestyle”." - Ecoist.com
Marisa Rey Ecoist Purses are Delicious
"You want some of my Crispy Crunch? Well, you can have the wrapper and sew it into a bag..." That's exactly what Spanish designer Marisa Rey did when she created her stylish line of handbags. Each handbag is made from carefully selected, woven, and sewn candy wrappers. And they're hot. At least ABC, Teen Magazine, MTV Fashion and Elle think so. Score.
1. Eco-fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating stylish accessories from upcycled materials can tap into the growing demand for environmentally-friendly fashion.
2. Sustainable Luxury - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Combining luxury and sustainability by using unconventional materials like candy wrappers can attract eco-conscious consumers.
3. Circular Economy - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Embracing circular economy principles by repurposing waste materials to create unique handbags can revolutionize the fashion industry.
1. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrating sustainable practices and unconventional materials into fashion can offer a competitive edge in the industry.
2. Accessories - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Designing innovative accessories using repurposed materials can cater to the growing demand for unique and eco-friendly fashion.
3. Upcycling - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Exploring upcycling techniques to transform waste materials into high-quality fashion products can revolutionize the upcycling industry.