Norwegian nature photographer Oyvind Schei has captured a stunning series of photographs of the Northern lights -- also known as Aurora Borealis -- and converted them into a spectacular Northern Lights timelapse.
The Northern Lights occur when highly charged particles from solar explosions collide with the Earth's magnetic field. The result is a spectacular light show in the sky.
Schei's photographs capture vibrant blue, green and yellow lights dancing and swirling in the sky over the bleak and wintry Norwegian landscape.
These photographs have been re-purposed in the form of a timelapse video, which shows how the shapes and hues of the light evolve over time. Most of the photographs in the timelapse video capture the Northern Lights directly above a large body of water, creating a spectacular reflection effect wherein the lights can be seen in both sky and water.
These Photos of Colorful Skies Over Norway are Radiant and Memorable
1. Northern Lights Photography - Leveraging the beauty of the Northern Lights to create stunning photographs and timelapse videos.
2. Astro-tourism - Creating travel experiences centered around capturing the Northern Lights phenomenon.
3. Night Sky Videography - Using timelapse techniques to capture the transformative beauty of the night sky.
1. Tourism - Developing unique travel packages to popular Northern Lights viewing destinations.
2. Photography - Providing specialized photography workshops and equipment for capturing the Northern Lights.
3. Film and Videography - Offering services to capture the enchanting beauty of the Northern Lights in timelapse videos.