Nokia has the right to insist on calling it a "multimedia computer" rather than a phone. Nokia unveiled the highly anticipated N96 dual slider at Mobile World Congress. The N95 successor packs powerful punches with 16GB of storage internally in addition to a microSD slot (take that iPhone), a 5 megapixel autofocus camera with Carl Zeiss Tessar lens and two LEDs doing flash and video light duty, AGPS to 'geotag' your pictures, an integrated DVB-H mobile TV tuner, a 'kickstand' on the back cover that allows for hands-free viewing, support for common video formats including MPEG-4, Windows Media Video and Flash Video (YouTube), WiFi, and morphing lights on the smaller second slide that hook the user up with game controls. Music is not ignored with 3.5mm headphone jack A2DP and impressive integrated 3D stereo speakers. The Maps application offers rich maps with urban details and satellite views and has upgrade options such as City Guides, turn-by-turn pedestrian mode and voice-guided car navigation. It launches in the third quarter for â‚¬550.
The Nokia N96 Super Mobile
1. Multimedia Computing - The Nokia N96 Super Mobile showcases the trend of multimedia computing in portable devices, offering features such as storage, camera, TV tuner, and gaming controls.
2. Advanced Cameras - The 5-megapixel autofocus camera with Carl Zeiss Tessar lens in the Nokia N96 demonstrates the trend of advanced cameras in smartphones, presenting an opportunity for disruptive innovation in imaging technology.
3. Mobile TV - The integrated DVB-H mobile TV tuner in the Nokia N96 highlights the trend of mobile TV in smartphones, creating space for innovative services and content delivery.
1. Smartphone - The Nokia N96 Super Mobile introduces new features and capabilities to the smartphone industry, opening up opportunities for disruptive innovation.
2. Consumer Electronics - The integration of multimedia computing, advanced cameras, and mobile TV in the Nokia N96 reflects the trend of convergence in the consumer electronics industry, presenting opportunities for new product categories and experiences.
3. Mobile Gaming - The gaming controls on the Nokia N96 demonstrate the potential for disruptive innovation in the mobile gaming industry, showcasing the possibilities of more immersive and interactive gaming experiences on smartphones.