Scheduled for release during Valentine's Day, the Mark McNairy x Product of New York (PONY) sneakers use pony hair instead of a plain leather exterior. The kicks feature cow print detailing and black pony hair textures to set it apart from the pack.
Available in both high-top and low-top forms, the vintage sneakers have undergone a luxurious makeover. The high-tops boast a full pony hair upper, using cow print to convey the message. The low-tops feature a calf hair upper, but display a more minimalist aesthetic. The black backdrop is contrasted by white leather branding, which matches the laces and the midsole.
Mark McNairy x Product of New York collection is an upgraded version of the skate shoe and mixes urban with city aesthetics.
The Mark McNairy x Product of New York Kicks Uses Untraditional Animal Prints
1. Pony-hair Sneakers - Opportunity for luxury brands to use untraditional animal prints and materials such as pony hair to create unique sneaker designs.
2. Vintage Sneaker Makeovers - Disruptive innovation opportunity for fashion designers to revamp vintage sneakers and upgrade their aesthetic appeal.
3. Minimalist High-end Sneakers - Brands can explore the rise of minimalist fashion and incorporate the aesthetic into high-end sneakers.
1. Fashion - Presents an opportunity for luxury fashion and sneaker brands to explore incorporating unique materials and animal prints into designs.
2. Vintage Fashion - Vintage fashion can use this as an opportunity to explore revamping vintage sneaker designs.
3. Luxury Sneaker Industry - The growth of the luxury sneaker industry can be further propelled by incorporating unique materials and animal prints to appeal to a wider audience.