Porto, Portgual-based fashion photographer Frederico Martins recently shot a series for the Elle June 2012 issue that takes a beautiful, open concept room and fills it with sand to create an indoor beach. Strolling about this indoor beach is model Ada Wresinska (L'Agence Lisboa) and her two dogs (agency unknown).
To complete the illusion of a beach, styling and production director Paulo Gomes sculpted the sand in such a way to make it look like waves and then plopped a small, wooden dingy into the scene.
Although there was little coastal air blowing along this sandy shore, hair stylist Miguel Viana still deserves credit for his coif creations. Wresinska may not have had to worry about water ruining her look, but makeup artist Antónia Rosa certainly had to worry about how to apply it, which she did a wonderful job at.
The Elle June 2012 'Inside Beach' Edition is Chic and Whimsical
1. Indoor-beach Photography - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create innovative indoor photo shoots that challenge traditional settings and create unique visual experiences.
2. Whimsical Styling - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate whimsical elements into fashion shoots to create a sense of fantasy and uniqueness.
3. Artistic Set Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Utilize unconventional set designs to enhance the visual storytelling of fashion and photography.
1. Fashion Photography - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Use unconventional locations and props to create visually striking and memorable fashion photos.
2. Fashion Styling - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Experiment with unconventional styling techniques, embracing whimsy and fantasy in fashion shoots.
3. Makeup Artistry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore innovative makeup techniques that complement unique set designs and creative concepts in photoshoots.