Wardrobe malfunctions are a woman’s worst nemesis. They begin their reign of terror on us the minute we become toilet trained and start wearing pink frilly little panties that bunch up continuously; it is an uphill battle from there.
Needless to say, celebrities are in no way exempt from having their own wardrobe mishaps. As a matter of fact, when A-listers such as the French actress Sophie Marceau (first image on our gallery) suffer a serious wardrobe disaster such as the one we can see above, the paparazzi will be there clicking away to make sure the whole world is made privy to this involuntary and embarrassing case of rack spillage which also victimized, albeit to a lesser extent, Jessica Simpson, Tara Reid, Mischa Barton and Scarlet Johansson.
Beyonce Knowles, with her revealing and mischievous (and I imagine quite drafty) dress, was also on the hit list as was former Miss Universe Cherry Hawkins whose blue skirt dropped to the floor leaving the shocked and awed beauty queen in her drab red thongs right in the middle of a catwalk.
Finally, let’s not forget the original-and classical-Wardrobe Malfunction event itself, engineered by Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake, in which Janet’s alluring right boob was accidentally (allegedly) exposed to a couple of hundred million American Football enthusiasts during halftime of a Superbowl game.
10 Memorable Celebrity Wardrobe Malfunctions
1. Celebrity Wardrobe Malfunctions - Opportunities for companies to develop innovative fashion solutions to prevent embarrassing wardrobe malfunctions for celebrities.
2. Fashion Tape - Innovations in fashion tape and adhesive solutions to prevent nip slips, dress gaps, and other wardrobe malfunctions.
3. Body Positive Fashion - Shift in focus towards body positive fashion, encouraging acceptance and confidence regardless of body shape and size, may reduce the stigma surrounding wardrobe malfunctions.
1. Fashion Design - Fashion designers can create clothes that are fashionable, functional and have built-in features to prevent wardrobe malfunctions from occurring.
2. Textile Manufacturing - Innovations in textiles and fabrics can provide greater coverage and support to prevent wardrobe malfunctions.
3. Beauty and Personal Care - Opportunities for beauty and personal care companies to create products such as fashion tape and adhesive solutions that can help prevent wardrobe malfunctions.