The Xylo Table, as its name suggests, is inspired by the xylophone, a musical instrument residing in the percussion family. Even if it weren't named so, the shape would immediately give away its underlying influence. Increasing in size from one end to the other, the Xylo Table is made out of slim wooden planks that mimic the keys of a xylophone.
Designed by Nucharin Wangphongsawasd, a graduate student at Woodworking and Furniture Design at Rochester Institute of Technology, the Xylo Table does not just make people imagine the sounds it could possibly produce, it also gives them a sense of motion. At once simple and intricate, the Xylo Table is especially perfect for traditional living spaces.
The Xylo Table by Nucharin Wangphongsawasd is Musically Inclined
1. Percussion-inspired Furniture - The trend of incorporating musical instruments into furniture design, offering a unique and interactive experience for users.
2. Slim Wooden Planks - The trend of using slim wooden planks in furniture design, creating a sleek and minimalist aesthetic.
3. Motion-inspired Design - The trend of furniture designs that evoke a sense of movement and dynamism, adding a dynamic element to a space.
1. Interior Design - The interior design industry can explore incorporating musical instruments into furniture design, creating innovative and interactive living spaces.
2. Furniture Manufacturing - The furniture manufacturing industry has the opportunity to experiment with materials like slim wooden planks, creating unique and visually appealing furniture products.
3. Art and Design Education - Art and design education institutes can incorporate motion-inspired design principles into their curriculum, fostering creativity and innovation in future furniture designers.