Entitled 'Beauty Pressure', this conceptual clothing catalog showcases stunning fashions from designer Katie Witham. The collection of raw wool sweaters, floor-length gowns and sculptural frock elements distorts one's body shape and aims to comment on society's obsession with the achievement of flawless beauty.
Channeling knitwear masters Missoni and Julien Macdonald, this fashion-forward and unexpected clothing line examines common appearance-altering measures that are often accepted by women as a way to appear more beautiful and accepted by society's standards.
A graduate of the London Collage of Fashion "Surface Textiles" program, designer Katie Witham creates augmented body silhouettes that draw attention to various social issues that range from body building and plastic surgery to extreme diets and even obesity epidemics that are affecting the body image of the world's female population.
The Beauty Pressure Collection Catalog by Katie Witham is Artful
1. Distorted Body Silhouettes - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in creating clothing that challenges conventional body shapes and beauty standards.
2. Critical Commentary on Beauty Standards - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in fashion that uses clothing as a medium for social critique on society's obsession with flawless beauty.
3. Exploring Appearance-altering Measures - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in creating fashion that examines and challenges common practices of altering one's appearance for societal acceptance.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can innovate by creating clothing lines that challenge traditional body shapes and beauty standards.
2. Beauty - Beauty industry can disrupt by offering products and services that promote self-acceptance and challenge society's beauty ideals.
3. Health and Wellness - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the health and wellness industry to address societal pressures around body image and promote holistic well-being.