Japanese mobile operating company DoCoMo recently showcased a prototype device for a handsfree videophone. These glasses resemble the Google glasses that were spotted earlier this year, but less compact. The futuristic device allow for mobile handsfree videophone conversations.
Each set of lenses is equipped with three cameras to capture the user's face. Their live image is mixed with a "pre-rendered 3D model of the user's face," generating a cartoon-like image of the speaker. So far, the most realistic features produced by these glasses are the user's eyes, which DoCoMo has gone to great lengths to ensure are accurate in order to compensate for the distortion caused by the close proximity of the glasses to eyes. Cameras are also attached to the back of the device to capture the background images so that the receiver can see both speaker and scenery combined, providing a more realistic conversation for the receiving end.
Walk and Talk Anywhere Using the Hands-Free Videophone Lenses
1. Hands-free Videophone - The development of hands-free videophone devices presents opportunities for innovation in the telecommunications industry, particularly in creating more realistic visual and auditory experiences for remote communication.
2. 3D Modeling - The use of pre-rendered 3D models of a user's face to create a cartoon-like image presents opportunities for innovation in the entertainment and gaming industries, particularly in developing more interactive and immersive experiences for users.
3. Wearable Glasses - The evolution of wearable glasses presents opportunities for innovation in the fashion and healthcare industries, particularly in creating more functional and stylish accessories that can enhance everyday experiences for users.
1. Telecommunications - The development of hands-free videophone devices presents opportunities for disruption and improvement in the telecommunications industry, particularly in creating more seamless and immersive remote communication experiences for users.
2. Entertainment - The use of 3D modeling technology to create cartoon-like images presents opportunities for disruption and innovation in the entertainment industry, particularly in developing more interactive and engaging experiences for users.
3. Fashion - The evolution of wearable glasses presents opportunities for disruption and innovation in the fashion industry, particularly in creating more stylish and functional accessories that can enhance users' everyday experiences.