American company Kohler is introducing the Kohler Touchless toilet technology, a toilet flush system that works without requiring users to make physical contact. The system works using an innovative sensor instead of the traditional flush lever.
The sensor is not one of those beam-based sensors -- often seen in public bathrooms -- which work when a beam of light is broken. The Kohler Touchless flush system uses emerging sensing technology, which projects an electromagnetic field to detect the user's position. The sensor detects the user in its projected field; as the user leaves the area, the system initiates the flush.
This touchless flush system runs on four AA alkaline batteries which last between six and 12 months depending on frequency of use. Aside from switching out batteries once or twice a year, the system requires no other maintenance.
Kohler's Touchless Flush System Has a Sensor That Initiates Flushing
1. Touchless Toilet Technologies - Emerging sensing technology has paved the way for touchless toilet systems which can include other features for improved hygiene and user convenience.
2. Battery-powered Appliances - Battery power is being more widely used in appliances, indicating potential growth opportunities for companies exploring low-maintenance and energy-efficient products.
3. Smart Home Innovations - The Kohler Touchless flush system may be integrated into smart home systems, indicating growth opportunities for companies in the smart home technology industry.
1. Plumbing - The plumbing industry has the potential to benefit from touchless toilet technologies which can improve hygiene, reduce water waste, and cater to consumers seeking more modern fixtures in their homes.
2. Consumer Electronics - The emerging trend of battery-powered appliances, such as the Kohler Touchless flush system, presents new opportunities for companies in the consumer electronics industry to innovate and meet consumer needs for low-maintenance and energy-efficient products.
3. Smart Home Technology - The Kohler Touchless flush system indicates growth opportunities for companies in the smart home technology industry, as it can potentially be integrated into existing or upcoming smart home systems for improved user control and convenience.