The Esther Boskaljon AW13 collection is dark and moody, yet it is not without its feminine wiles. Although it is undeniable that there is an androgynous appeal to the designs thanks to the concentration on pantsuit-like outfits, the use of sheer and flowy materials gives it a romantic feel that many women will find themselves drawn to. Essentially, the Esther Boskaljon AW13 collection strikes the perfect balance between femininity and masculinity that the independent modern woman will wholly appreciate.
There is also an Asian aesthetic present throughout the Esther Boskaljon AW13 collection. Elegant and proper, some of the pieces have a stiffness and sheen as though made out of the material known as tan. There are also kimono-inspired touches in the form of folds and wraps that result in an alluring exoticism.
The Esther Boskaljon AW13 Collection is Romantically Androgynous
1. Androgynous Fashion - There is an opportunity for fashion designers to create unique and modern designs that combine masculine and feminine elements.
2. Romantic Fashion - There is an opportunity for fashion designers to create romantic pieces with flowy and sheer materials that appeal to women.
3. Asian-inspired Fashion - There is an opportunity for fashion designers to incorporate Asian-inspired designs such as folds and wraps to create alluring exoticism.
1. Fashion Industry - Fashion designers can utilize the trends identified to create unique and disruptive designs that appeal to modern women.
2. Textile Industry - The demand for flowy and sheer materials presents an opportunity for the textile industry to innovate and create new materials and fabrics.
3. Retail Industry - Retailers can capitalize on the trends identified by carrying and promoting fashion lines that combine masculine and feminine elements or incorporate Asian-inspired designs.