Pete & Andrea Fund Their Eco-Friendly Wedding by Recycling Aluminum Can

By: manzil - Published: Jul 2, 2010 • References: weddingcans & treehugger
Pete Geyer and Andrea Parrish have funded their eco-friendly wedding by recycling. The couple collected 400,000 aluminum cans that will fetch around $4,000 to pay for dresses, a DJ, food, and flowers.

The couple collected 280,000 cans themselves in 197 days; the remaining cans were donated by Alcoa and United Recycling Services. Pete Geyer and Andrea Parrish have reached the target for their July 31, 2010 wedding.

40% of their proceeds will go towards their marriage and honeymoon; the remaining 60% will be donated to Doctors Without Borders and the Rim Country Land Institute.

  Stats for Green Marriage Fundraising Trending: Older & Chilly
Research: 1,267 clicks in 308 w
Interest: 3.7 minutes
Concept: Eco Friendly Wedding
Related: 82 examples / 63 photos
Segment: Females, 18-35
Comparison Set: 30 similar articles, including: 20 nerdy nuptials, chic flat-packed weddings, and double dress weddings.