Profile pic photoshoots, facebooking frocks and social media mugs. Today we hunt: FACEBRANDING – Sprint Firsts in Facebook.
Social media is no longer confined to the Internet, as Facebook gets its own physical spin-offs in advertising, fashion, design, viral videos and more. Even with Facebook’s seemingly endless privacy concerns, innovators' Facebook-inspired products prove that the social network is going strong in terms of public support.
And now, the Sprint Top Ten.
10) Facebook has taken a leap off of your computer screen and into the real world with these Facebook-inspired campaigns. These are so popular, that this Wonderbra ad has 900,000 friend requests. Woah.
9) If you want a flawless display picture, you need Noah Wolf. This photographer has capitalized off of the exponential growth of social media networks and specializes in taking avatar photos.
8) Facebook fans rejoiced when the ‘Like’ button was released, but something was missing. Where was the dislike button? Now you can share your discontent loud and proud with this handy pin.
7) These stalker-esqe tees by Mavi Stainano feature random Facebook user’s photos on them. And to think, you thought you were creepy when it came to social media.
6) You can’t talk about Facebook without mentioning the flick ‘The Social Network.’ The movie follows the trials and tribulations of Mark Zuckerberg when Facebook was just an infant.
5) Although you may be used to sharing things online, you won’t want to share this social media coffee mug with anyone.
4) Vitaminwater turned to Facebookers to help them to come up with their new flavor for ‘Vitaminwater Connect.’ The winning entry? A black-cherry lime flavor complete with caffeine. Mmmmm…
3) This UCB Comedy sketch features a fake Mark Zuckerberg making fun of users who were complaining about the privacy settings of his site. (Show clip with audio)
2) This garment is titled ‘Ping.’ Why? When someone virtually pokes you on Facebook, it transmits a signal then then enables the jacket to tap you on the shoulder. It can even update your status!
1) If you don’t want to put your own pictures up as your avatar, these default profile picture silhouettes will have your virtual peers giving you a double-take. May social networking be with you. (Darth Vader avatar)
Video of the Day: Sprint
Stats for Facebranding
Trending: Older & Mild
Research: 9,568 clicks in 299 w
Interest: > 3 minutes
Concept: Firsts In Facebook
Related: 92 examples / 71 photos
Segment: Neutral, 18-55
Comparison Set: 34 similar articles, including: facebook-stalking tees, facebook-inspired advertising, and facebook-inspired accessories.
More Stats +/-
Display Photo Pranks