Fighter jet supercars, diamond shaped autos and shark-shaped hovercrafts. Today we hunt Kickass Cars of the Future.
10. The solar-electric Mitsubishi i MiEV Sport Air looks like it’s smiling—which is good, because if an eco car is going to be bulbous and homely, it should at least possess a pleasant disposition.
9. The Chanel Fiole is ready for the runway, and proves that futuristic cars can be fashionable as well.
8. The Bluecar by Pininfarina and Bollore is run by a supercapacitor. The supercapacitor that powers this car is not to be confused with a flux capacitor.
7. The Aptera 2e has three wheels. Kind of like the tricycle you rode as a kid, but without the street cred.
6. Flying cars are a must for any kickass car design conversation, so we have two. The Terrafugia Transition will be the first car to reach production, but I’d rather be seen in Kazim Doku’s ‘Shark’ hovercraft.
5. Ashley Cichocki’s M.01 looks like a giant rolling diamond and stretches out at high speeds and contracts to make parking convenient. The casket-shaped T-Rex has a full-length solar panel for a roof, and the final design details of the open-source EDAG Light Car are still up for grabs.
4. The hydrogen-powered cylindrical Peugeot Ozone looks like a giant, expensive hamster wheel and can turn on a dime. Take that, Ferrari!
3. The honeycomb roof on the Lamborghini Murciélago LP670-4 SuperVeloce matches its bumblebee color scheme and its stinging $400,000 price tag.
2. Drivers with a need for speed will love the Tramontana R, which has 760 horsepower and looks more like a jet fighter than a car.
1. This hydrogen-powered Jaguar C-XC concept makes wheel covers look good, and proves that vegetable-tanned leather and recycled bottles aren’t just for PETA parties and Greenpeace get-togethers.
Video of the day: Supercar Heartbeats
Kickass Cars of the Future
76,762 clicks in 277 w
More Stats +/-
Fighter Jet-Inspired Cars
Haute Couture Cars
Flying Car Hybrids
Solar Electric Cars
Fighter Jet Supercars, Open Source Eco Cars and Shark-Shaped Hovercraft
By: Jeremy Gutsche - Published: Apr 7, 2009 • References: trendhunter