Intelligent pills, air-purifying phones and nurse robots. Today we hunt DIY HEALTHCARE - Sprint Firsts in Medical Technology.
With public health care continuing to be an issue in society, consumers are looking for ways to ensure their own physical wellness without the need for a medical professional. Independent health products that assist people in taking care of themselves empower people to take their health into their own hands.
And now, The Sprint Top 10.
10. Just place your hands on either side of the Body Check Ball and it will give you a perfectly palm-sized physical. Discover your muscle percentage, your body fat, bone density and much, much more in seconds flat. That beats waiting in line in the doctor's office.
9. If you are having trouble conceiving, the DuoFertility monitor pod may be your ticket to a bouncing baby without having in vitro. Simply wear it under your arm to learn when you're most fertile.
8. The Airload mobile phone is a breath of fresh air for today's urbanites living in pollution-filled cities. The phone acts not only as an air filter, but also a device that protects its users from viruses -- all while giving off a pleasant scent.
7. You've never had a bath until you've had an Oxygen Bath. While it does soothe muscle aches and provide relaxation like regular baths, you’re also treating yourself to improved circulation, damaged cell restoration, healthier skin and perhaps even preventing diseases such as cancer.
6. The 'Memo' is a hi-tech device designed to care for your loved ones suffering from Alzheimer's disease. The device can play interactive games, video conference in relatives and sends reminders for medicine consumptions.
5. Pangao’s Magic Massage Bra utilizes modern science to help firm your breasts and keep them healthy against age by vibrating. These devices may be life-saving, but I wouldn't recommend operating it at the office.
4. The biofeedback StressWatch tracks your heart rate and your body temperature in order to track your mood. If you suffer from road rage or just need a reminder to take a chill pill every once and awhile, it's time to get this watch.
3. Braun's Clever Care Medical coach does everything from storing your medical records to giving you a reminder when you need to take prescribed medicine. The only thing I don't trust it to do is give me open heart surgery -- I'll leave that to the professionals.
2. The Phillips iPill has pushed the limit of modern science by including a microprocessor and a drug reservoir to release medication in a vitamin-sized capsule. The future is definitely upon us.
1. The RIBA robot allows you to nurse yourself back to health with the purchase of this handy tech toy. Meant for patients who have trouble walking, this robot will pamper you with all of the care you deserve.
11,550 clicks in 147 w
More Stats +/-